I have joined From Cave Walls Survey. Here are my answers
1. How many times per week do you post? Do you post multiple times a day? If so, how many?
I try to blog once per week but often don’t. I usually blog daily (or nightly) when I travel and have something I want to share with others. Most of my posts are about caravanning and our trips to the game reserves in South Africa but also generally about the South African Lifestyle and travel to other countries.
2. How many blogs do you follow?
I follow 68 but not all of these bloggers are regular. I have a list of ten favourites that I check regularly.
3. Do you read all the blogs you follow every day? If not, how often do you read other blogs?
I go through phases. When I’m travelling it’s all I can do to fit in writing my blogs so I don’t read as many then. But when I’m at home I try to read everything that comes up in my Reader or email.
4. Do you seek out new blogs to follow? If so, how do you find them?
I used to but now I have enough to interest me. Googling a topic eg- caravanning + Blog +Wordpress has helped me find new blogs to follow. I have also found other blogs by joining challengers and reading the responses of other bloggers. If I like their responses, I start following them. Also reading a comment on a blog I follow might tempt me to check out that person’s own blog.
5. Do you comment on the blogs you read? If not, why? Do you respond to all the comments left on your blog?
Only if I have something I really want to say. I always enjoy reading what others have written but sometimes just a like is enough.
I usually respond to comments on my blog.
6. Do you ever close comments on a blog you post? If so, why?
I have never felt the need to close comments.
7. Do you ever unfollow someone? If so, why?
Not really – I have unfollowed people who haven’t blogged for a very long time and have obviously given up blogging — or died.
8. What content inspires you to follow a blogger?
I love reading about the lives of other retirees and I very much enjoy reading blogs from people in other countries.
9. What content turns you off from following someone?
If the blog is too political I’m not that interested in following it. Also where there is a lot of negativity. Humourous blogs are a hit for me and also informative blogs. I follow people who are into nature, wildlife and birds. I also enjoy travel blogs.
10. How important is it to you that you add a photo to every post?
11. Leave me a link for one blogger (other than yourself) that you think I should check out.
Because I write about the lifestyle in my own country, the game reserves and other travel, I always include photographs. I also like using clipart and memes.